I hope you enjoy my extra special blog from Scotch Lodge Farm and Craft Shop. A mixture of inside and outdoor living. My farming lifestyle, my great shop, my beautiful garden, and my wonderful family........creating the dream with a little help from my faeries.


Sunday 19 August 2012

"Happy"

Really really happy to be in 2 magazines. Creative Cardmaking (issue 45 page 64) and Scrapbook Magazine (issue 66 page 65). For Creative Cardmaking I had to do a £10 challenge. Make as many cards as I could with items from my shop costing no more than £10 of which I managed to spend only £9.99 !! I used the beautiful Pion papers for this, from the "For Father" collection and "From my Heart II", plus a sheet of Core,dinations whitewash, Antique Vanity. I added 2 mtrs of cream rayon vintage ribbon which was cut down and coloured accordingly with distress inks. 1/2 mtr each of 2 designs of May Arts lace for accenting, 5g of wedding gems ( Salbach and Whiting), a bunch of cream roses ( Salbach and Whiting) which were coloured with distress inks and 2 doilies. The basic white cadrstock used was Kanban. The additional flowers were made from basic white cardstock, using a template they were hand drawn, cut out and coloured with distress inks. Some flowers were made with 3 layers and some with 2. All the edges of every piece of cardstock and paper was distressed and inked.
In total I made 11 cards from my £9.99. Only 5 could be fitted in the 2 page spread, the other 6 are published on www.craftsonthenet.com

Here are my materials I started with showing both sides of the papers.



Now for the cards:

1. Love



2. Rose and Heart.


3. Together Forever.


4. 0 to 60 in No Time.




5. For Father.


6. From my Heart.


7.Vintage Clocks.



8. Save the Date.


9. Just a Note.



10. Bon Voyage.



11. Birthday Wishes.



For Scrapbook Magazine I created 1 12x12 page using a base of brown Kanban cardstock, layered up with a sheet of DCWV cardstock and a sheet of DCWV Mariposa, both of which I distressed with Ranger distress ink, walnut stain and a Prima Marketing distressing tool. I used this colour throughout for the distressing. I took 4 sheets from the Prima Marketing "North Country" A4 paper pad and cut out and distressed.
The snow geese and the wagon wheel are Prima Marketing Shabby Chic metal Treasures.
The chipboard die cut saying is from the Imaginarium Designs collection
It has been coloured with a Ranger Adirondack aqua dabber and tripple embossed using Ranger Perfect Medium and UTE (ultra thick embossing enamel)
The adhesive used for the whole project is Bensons 3 in 1 Advanced craft glue.
The photo has been distressed as above.
My Uncle Leo went to Canada before the war and worked for the Hudson Bay Company where he spent much time out in the wilds.





I really enjoyed doing both of these projects...but Uncle Leo's page is my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment