I hope you enjoy my extra special blog from Scotch Lodge Farm and Craft Shop. A mixture of inside and outdoor living. My farming lifestyle, my great shop, my beautiful garden, and my wonderful family........creating the dream with a little help from my faeries.


Thursday 10 May 2012

All Snowed Up

Here is the first of my projects with the lovely Prima products.
I just love this photo. We had so much snow in the winter of 2010 and most of the time everywhere looked cold, cold, cold. The cattle however don't look cold at all, they just look great (probably waiting for some hay)!
Blogging ........I am supposed to offer up a really cool comentary of what I did.....so here we go, with loads of photo's too.

I have been trying to find the right paper for ages so I was thrilled to see these designs.


First I distressed all the edges of one 12x12 sheet




Having stuck my 2 sheets together with tape I can now choose the paper for my back drops.


........and perhaps doillies (I love doillies)


Now to cut some random shapes for the back drop.






Once all my pieces are cut they need to be distressed. I do my distressing with a craft knife, an emery board and my favourite distress pad, 'frayed burlap'.
Now they can be placed and stuck down




There were these gorgeous snowflakes on one of the papers.....lovely for my embellishments.


Plenty of pinflair.


mmmmm just there I think.


I have a very nice journaling tag in the pad.


....and  I am going to stick some snow all over and balance the letters 'snow' over the top.





and to finish off some snow in varios piles across the page.




I am really pleased with all the colours they work so well together.

Products used:
Prima Marketing: North Country collection A4 paper stack.
Kanban Crafts: 12x12 cardstock
Distress ink: Frayed Burlap
Pinflair: Adhesives and snow
Hunkydory: Double sided tape
Various: Bling and doillies

All of the products used can be purchased from 'Scotch Lodge Farm and Craft Shop'

No comments:

Post a Comment